Uranus Archives Box Time Capsule, Stainless Steel - great choice for Schools & Churches
Our Uranus archives time capsule box measures a full 12 inches length by 12 inches width and stands 20 inches high (inside dimensions). The lid is on the 12 x 12" end. This time capsule has a capacity of 2880 cubic inches or 1.67 cubic feet. Although it depends on the actual size of your items, the Uranus size holds up to about 400 or more standard document type items.
Who can best use this size of time capsule? In the past, it has been successfully used for high school dedications, company celebrations, and small city time capsule placements. The additional height is useful for certain larger items such as posters, banners, and flags. Or you can use the additional height for more books, papers, and photo albums.
Your archives box order includes the following items at no additional charge.
- Conditioning Kit appropriate to size with a calculated amount of special Oxygen Absorbers (to remove oxygen) and Desiccant (to control moisture). We figure the amount based on a time capsule that is 3/4 full of common items.
- 3 Basic How-To Information Pamphlets on time capsules (Preservation Hints; 12 Tips to a Successful Time Capsule Project; and 100 Ideas for Time Capsule Contents)
- Label: 7601 Poly 2.5 x 3.5" to write on & individualize your time capsule with date of placement and suggested opening date
- Courtesy Starter Stationery Packet (2 Inventory Sheets, 2 Letter to the Future Stationery Sheets)
- 82042 Silicone Sealant (Tube with illustrated How To Apply instructions, Applicator Tip, and Instructions/Tips for successful burial)
- How to Bury a Time Capsule leaflet
- Limited Warranty
The time capsule is air tight after sealing. It is made of low corrosion stainless steel. It has a satin finish with welds polished smooth. It is water resistant, but should not be sitting in water over a period of 2 weeks (provide a way for the water to drain away). While its expected life is 75 years, the longevity of the time capsule protection can be more or less, depending upon the customer's conditions of placement. Use common sense and read all instructions that come with your purchase.
All of our box time capsules come with sufficient packing to protect them from damage in transit. The packing may include foam insulation panels. You may place these panels around the outside of the time capsule while in placement. The R value is not high, however, so especially if you place the capsule near any outside wall, you need to think about how much insulation you need for your conditions, and add more if necessary for that placement.
Optional Preservation Kits
Past customers who have ordered this time capsule over the years are listed below:
Hancock Memorial Hospital & Health Services
Beaverton P. A. I.
Amargosa Creek Middle School (CA)
University of Oklahoma (Gaylord School of Journalism)
Knutson Construction Services
Touro Law Center
First Presbyterian Church, Belzoni MS
Luther Hospital, Eau Claire WI
Hospice of the Western Reserve
Correia Middle School, San Diego
US Holocaust Museum
North Reading Middle School (MA)
Cheyenne Police Department (WY)
WVU College of Law
Historic St Mary's Mission
St Lorenzo Ruiz Catholic Church
Lynden Chamber of Commerce
Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission
City of Palm Springs (CA)
Texas State University LBJ SC
American Legion Auxiliary MS
Woods Edge Community Church (TX)
City of Rogers, Arkansas
Kennett Square School District (PA)