ARIES 16x16x30" Stainless Steel Time Capsule Container
Our largest simple capped cornerstone time capsule box, the Aries measures a full 16x16x30" on the inside. It is made of strong 304 stainless steel and its cap measures 16x16" (inner dimensions). This time capsule container has a capacity of 7680 cubic inches or 4.44 cubic feet. Depending on the size of your items, this time capsule container will hold up to 1000 or more documents, photos & artifacts safely.
Our past customers who have purchased this size include: St Johns Mercy Health Care (MO), Mesquite Police Department (TX), Edmund F Lindop School, Piedmont Hospital Archives, The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), SSM St Clare Health Center, Clackamas High School, Tamarac Historical Society, Molloy College, Mobiloil Credit Union, Touro Fraternal Association, Delaware State University, City of Seal Beach CA, City of Pico Rivera CA, City of Diamond Bar CA, Town of Plymouth MA, Hudson Middle School (NC), the Search Dog Foundation, Thomas Built Buses, Rowland High School, Defense Intelligence Agency, and the US District Court (Alabama).
Your capped cornerstone box includes the following items at no additional charge. For more supplies to protect items, order a preservation kit or separate packages appropriate to your items.
- Conditioning Kit appropriate to size with a calculated amount of Ageless Oxygen Absorbers (to remove oxygen) and Desiccant (to control moisture)
- 3 Basic How-To Information Pamphlets on time capsules (Preservation Hints; 12 Tips to a Successful Time Capsule Project; and 100 Ideas for Time Capsule Contents)
- Label: 7601 Poly 2.5x3.5" to write on & individualize your time capsule
- Courtesy Starter Stationery Packet (2 Inventory Sheets, 3 Letter to the Future Stationery Sheets, 3 Envelopes)
- 82042 Silicone Sealant with Wax Kit (Tube with illustrated How To Apply instructions, Applicator Tip, Optional Wax and Instructions/Tips for successful burial)
- Limited Warranty
The time capsule is air tight after sealing. It is made of low corrosion stainless steel. It has a satin finish with welds polished smooth. It is water resistant, but should not be sitting in water over a period of 2 weeks (provide a way for the water to drain away). While its expected life is 75 years, the longevity of the time capsule protection can be more or less, depending upon the customer's conditions of placement. Use common sense and read all instructions that come with your purchase.
All of our box time capsules come with sufficient packing to protect them from damage in transit. The packing may include foam insulation panels. You may place these panels around the outside of the time capsule while in placement. The R value is not high, however, so especially if you place the capsule near any outside wall, you need to think about how much insulation you need for your conditions, and add more if necessary for that placement.
Optional Preservation Kits