Earth Capped Stainless Steel Time Capsule Box
Our Earth simple capped time capsule box is stainless steel and measures a full 10x8x18" on the inside. It's nice for holding items that are a little bit longer than smaller projects might have. The standard cap measures 10x8". This time capsule has a capacity of 1440 cubic inches or .83 cubic feet. Although dependent on the actual size of your items, this size will hold up to 250 or more standard document type items, plus some longer ones too.
Your capped time capsule box order includes the following items at no additional charge. For more supplies to protect items, order a preservation kit or separate packages appropriate to your items.
- Conditioning Kit appropriate to size with a calculated amount of Ageless Oxygen Absorbers (to remove oxygen) and Desiccant (to control moisture)
- 3 Basic How-To Information Pamphlets on time capsules (Preservation Hints; 12 Tips to a Successful Time Capsule Project; and 100 Ideas for Time Capsule Contents)
- Labels: 7601 Poly 2.5x3.5" to write on & 7604 Outdoor serial numbered label to individualize your time capsule
- Courtesy Starter Stationery Packet (2 Inventory Sheets, 3 Letter to the Future Stationery Sheets, 3 Envelopes)
- 82042 Silicone Sealant with Wax Kit (Tube with illustrated How To Apply instructions, Applicator Tip, Optional Wax and Instructions/Tips for successful burial)
- Limited Warranty
The time capsule is air tight after sealing. It is made of low corrosion stainless steel. It has a satin finish with welds polished smooth. It is water resistant, but should not be sitting in water over a period of 2 weeks (provide a way for the water to drain away). While its expected life is 75 years, the longevity of the time capsule protection can be more or less, depending upon the customer's conditions of placement. Use common sense and read all instructions that come with your purchase.
All of our box time capsules come with sufficient packing to protect them from damage in transit. The packing may include foam insulation panels. You may place these panels around the outside of the time capsule while in placement. The R value is not high, however, so especially if you place the capsule near any outside wall, you need to think about how much insulation you need for your conditions, and add more if necessary for that placement.
This time capsule box is a popular size for
most projects, featuring the 18" height for longer items.
Optional Preservation Kits