Emblems, Logos & Portrait for Plaques
Portraits of people, places or events may be incorporated onto etched & cast plaques using different techniques. These methods require customer to provide a high-resolution photograph of the subjet. See artwork requirements.
The etching process reproduces artwork with fine detail as well as halftone photographs through acid-etching into metal sheet.
This method utilizes a hlaftone dot pattern made from a 50-line screen. Halftone portraits resemble newspaper photographs, and have visible dot patterns. The etched, recessed dots are black infilled to contrast with the satin-finished metal background.
Photos that are monotone or have muted colors will produce poor halftone etchings.
- The best photographs for halftone etched portraits have high contrast tones with bright white areas, dense black areas, and minimal grey tones.
- Halftone etchings are not available in aluminum.
- Recommended for interior use
Because a halftone screen is not used with hand-drawn art, the artist fine lines are captured in great detail in the metal plate and can be etched deeper.
- Deep-Etched metal portrait reproduces a black and white line drawing
- Recommended for indoor and outdoor use.
Metalphoto uses a photosensitive aluminum sheet, available in either natural aluminum or gold-tone aluminum.The sheet is exposed using a film negative made from a photograph using a UV light source. The image is produced as a permanent black image on the plate.
- Recommended when the only art available is extrememly detailed
- Image itself does not have a lot of contrast (old photos, for example).
- Can be used in interior or exterior applications
- The best method for use in public areas subject to vandalism.
This exclusive Alumicolor™ process creates four-color aluminum graphics solutions that are extremely durable and can be attached to cast or etched plaques. Click here to learn more about AlumiColor process.
- Recommended for color photographs or any full color designs.
- Recommended for any type of environment, can be used in interior or exterior applications.