We will furnish a proof prior to production.
All Plaques & Laser Engraving
Artwork MUST be:
- BLACK & WHITE (no grayscale, no screens) vector-format file ONLY.
FILE FORMATS include:
- Adobe Illustrator - up to CS5 .ai (preferred)
- Corel Draw - X5 or below .cdr
- EPS & PDF files are acceptable in VECTOR format ONLY
* All Fonts should be converted to curves or outlines
Artwork requiring any touchup or modification will be charged separately. FPP can also recreate a logo or artwork for an additional charge. Please contact FPP for an estimate. Any typeface or B&W logo supplied by the customer can be reproduced or you may choose from the different letterstyles we provide. Files must be supplied on a disk or e-mail to: email@example.com
- Type setting must allow at least 1/16" white space between each letter
- Lines stroke in artwork can be no smaller than 1/16"
- Smallest letter(s) can be no smaller than 1/4" height.
Please provide a sample rough draft or sketch via fax or email us if you are not sure about the artwork contact us at 626-966-1955.
Portrait plaque requirements- (Bas-Relief, Image Cast, Flat Relief, Etched & Metalphoto)
- Original Photos - Photos are to be placed between two pieces of cardboard for mailing. They should never be stapled or paper clipped to instruction sheets.
- Digital Photos or Scans - Must be 300 dpi and saved in EPS, PSD, JPEG or TIFF format, scaled to size. Photos can be submitted via email or on a CD.
AlumiColor Plaques - Virtually all graphic program files on both Mac and PC platforms are supported on our systems. Graphics department is available for art creation and alteration upon request.
- High resolution Illustrator .PDF files with embedded fonts and crop marks – all blacks 100% black not CMYK. The same applies to spot colors, though
- Picture images should be a minimum 300 dpi CMYK at finish size, .tiff files are preferred.
FPP will provide a proof after artwork/copy is received and will not be sent for production until layout is approved
There won't be any charge for the layout however if you have a logo and cannot provide us with the correct format file we can convert the artwork into the correct format for an extra charge.
All customer supplied artwork must be process-ready.
- Artwork adjustment or clean-up: $65 minimum.
- Convertion of raster image/logo to vector graphics: $85 - $110